Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Gravity

Alhamdulillah! I did not realise that 2 days ago was exactly 3 months since I began to exist in this Blog-world. And I am still encouraged that the hits have been ... well, very encouraging. Masya-Allah!

And before I am scorned for writing another tribute for every 1,000 hits, rest assured that this is not that entry. It is just that this particular song has been playing in my mind after visiting one of my friend's Blog, that I wanna put it in my Blog because I love this song too.

The title of the song is "Gravity" - and despite Coldplay/Chris Martin having written it for Embrace and later on recorded it, I prefer the earlier version by the lesser known band called Embrace - I love the underdogs. Anyway, I have been asked about having this mish-mash entries in my Blog. I figured that at the end of the day, I may be remembered for my passion, amongst other many many things, as a man who loves his books, his movies and his songs.

That is good enough for the world to remember me by - the rest is between me and my Creator... So enjoy :-)




Gravity - by Embrace

Honey...
It's been a long time coming
And I can't stop now
Such a long time running
And I can't stop now

Do you hear my heart beating?
Can you hear the sound?
Cos I can't help thinking
And I don't look down...

And then I looked up at the sun and I could see
Oh the way that gravity turns for you and me
And then I looked up at the sky and saw the sun
And the way that gravity pulls on everyone
On everyone...

Baby...
Its been a long time waiting
Such a long long time
And I can't stop smiling
No I can't stop now

Do you hear my heart beating?
Oh can you hear that sound?
Cos I can't help crying
And I won't look down...

And then I looked up at the sun and I could see
Oh the way that gravity turns on you and me
And then I looked up at the sun and saw the sky
And the way that gravity pulls on you and I
On you and I

No comments: