Friday, June 22, 2007

God's Kingdom

According to Abû Dharr, the Prophet, may God give him blessings and peace, said, reporting the words of God, ever praised and exalted is He:

O My servants, I have forbidden injustice to Myself and I have
made it forbidden amongst you. So be not unjust to one another.
O My servants, all of you go astray except the one whom I guide.
Ask guidance of Me, and I shall guide you.
O My servants, all of you go hungry except the one whom I feed.
Ask Me for food, and I shall feed you.
O My servants, all of you go naked except the one whom I clothe.
Ask Me for clothing, and I shall clothe you.

O My servants, you transgress by day and night, but I forgive all
misdeeds. Ask forgiveness of Me, and I shall forgive you.
O My servants, harming Me is beyond you, so you cannot harm
Me; and benefiting Me is beyond you, so you cannot benefit Me.
O My servants, if all of you - first and last, man and jinn - were
like the one among you with the most devout heart, that would add
nothing to My kingdom.
O My servants, if all of you – first and last, man and jinn – were
like the one among you with the most ungodly heart, that would
take nothing away from My kingdom.
O My servants, if all of you – first and last, man and jinn – were
to stand on the same level and address Me with your requests, and
if I were to give each one what he had requested, that would not
diminish what is with Me, any more than a needle diminishes the
sea when it enters it.

O My servants, it is solely your deeds that I take account of, and it
is by virtue of them that I will repay you. So let him who finds good,
praise God, and let him who finds other than that, hold none but
himself to blame.

No comments: