Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Lovesong & Friday I'm In Love

As a tribute to The Cure, I will be posting 2 great songs for your listening pleasure. The first one is another of their iconic song entitled: "Lovesong." Robert Smith wrote this modern ballad and it was originally released on their Disintegration album. He originally wrote this song as a gift to his longtime girlfriend, Mary, shortly before their eventual marriage.



Lovesong

Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am home again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am whole again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am young again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am fun again

However far away I will always love you
However long I stay I will always love you
Whatever words I say I will always love you
I will always love you

Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am free again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am clean again

However far away I will always love you
However long I stay I will always love you
Whatever words I say I will always love you
I will always love you

And I am sure this second song is familiar to most as it did well in the US charts: "Friday I'm In Love". It was nominated for a Grammy Award and won the best Music Video from MTV. Now, for some visuals as well:

Friday I'm In Love

I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too
Thursday I don't care about you
It's Friday I'm in love
Monday you can fall apart
Tuesday Wednesday break my heart
Thursday doesn't even start
It's Friday i'm in love

Saturday wait
And Sunday always comes too late
But Friday never hesitate...

I don't care if Monday's black
Tuesday Wednesday heart attack
Thursday never looking back
It's Friday I'm in love

Monday you can hold your head
Tuesday Wednesday stay in bed
Or Thursday watch the walls instead
It's Friday I'm in love

Saturday wait
And Sunday always comes too late
But Friday never hesitate...

Dressed up to the eyes
It's a wonderful surprise
To see your shoes and your spirits rise
Throwing out your frown
And just smiling at the sound
And as sleek as a shriek
Spinning round and round
Always take a big bite
It's such a gorgeous sight
To see you eat in the middle of the night
You can never get enough
Enough of this stuff
It's Friday
I'm in love

12 comments:

Lampu said...

salam Hoopoe
Yes. Home is where your heart is. :-) The cure merely delay the journey home.....

dew embun said...

Salam,

There is this thing about you that intrigues...

You're smart, very intelligent (down to the subtle difference between the two),your entries have substance, you are intellectually engaging..and even so, you are human and a very 3-dimensional character.

Best of all,you use these gifts in His Cause.

So, I say...
Subhanallah to one of His Creations and Alhamdulillah that we have someone like you in our Ummah...

Anonymous said...

Man, suddenly i was transported back to my youth.....

ghoose said...

if u can see me right now......
u'll be asking that same
question u like to ask me.....

w
hy

r

u

sm
i
l
ing?

Anonymous said...

The Hoopoe is 3-Dimensional alrite!

TheHoopoe said...

I am actually not too sure what being a 3-dimensional person entails but I supposed it gets harder to categorize or compartmentalize me - and that I guess is my 3-dimensional-ness.

In any case, Alhamdulillah for this 3-dimensional gift :-)

TheHoopoe said...

ghoose,

I used to ask you That question
You never tell me why
Clearly it carries a thousand reason
Behind that ever-mysterious Smile

So I guess I will never know
What lies deep within
And hence I too Smile though
Only you know whatever that means

TheHoopoe said...

castillo

It is better to return musically to your youth than to be brought forward to your elderly stage.

dew embun said...

MAJOR CHARACTERS
Almost always round or three-dimensional characters. They have good and bad qualities. Their goals, ambitions and values change. A round character changes as a result of what happens to him or her. A character who changes inside as a result of what happens to him is referred to in literature as a DYNAMIC character. A dynamic character grows or progresses to a higher level of understanding in the course of the story.
Two-dimensional characters. They have only one or two striking qualities. Their predominant quality is not balanced by an opposite quality. They are usually all good or all bad. Such characters can be interesting or amusing in their own right, but they lack depth. Flat characters are sometimes referred to as STATIC characters because they do not change in the course of the story.

You,in being you, shows humans how human they are. There is no fallacy on you,you are just being you.Which kinda explains their questioning your sans turban image and your smiling reply.Which also explains why so many can identify with you.

Brings to mind the blacks and whites in life...and the greys in between (what is the hadith again?) and the concept of Allah's Will and Our Choice.

Think Harry Osborne and Spiderman in Spiderman 3...Which are you...really?

And yes..
Alhamdulillah for this 3-dimensionalness...which many can't exactly fathom...

Anonymous said...

J... Jiwang je...

MAS

Anonymous said...

i believe it's more than that.

Aya said...

Ustaz,

I seriously can't believe u are into The Cure. I mean, they were big during MY time. Perhaps ur time and mine isn't that far apart afterall! This is so cool.. =)

And nice effort on the blog you have here Ustaz, so rajin with the entries I must say... Interesting! Way to go Ustaz!