Friday, June 1, 2007

Falling Star

I have been asked the up-tenth time how I feel about the new Spiderman movie. It is nice and all, and I can really write many things about it: for example, the battle within of good and bad, the strive to always do the right thing, the sensitivity of relationships, that good triumph over evil etc. It is a good show (albeit slightly long) because in this third instalment of the series, it has everything for everybody: the child in you, the adult in you, your kid, for the friend, for the lover, for the mentor, for the hero, from the fallen hero, for the one who return from the dark side ... name it, its there. That is why if you were to ask anyone, they love the show because there is something in it that speaks to them personally.

But, to me, the soundtrack by one of my favourite Aussie band, Jet, haunts me more and is still stuck in my head. Enjoy...

Falling Star - by Jet

Know that I loved you from the start
When we believed in who we are
I never dreamed my life this way

Don't wish upon a falling star
Love will remind us who we are
I dreamed a dream so much is changed

Wake, you've been sleeping
And tell me what to believe in
You fell so far you should have been a star

Before the light begins to fade
I was hoping that you'd show me the way
To never ever be afraid to change

Wake, you've been sleeping
And tell me what to believe in
Wake, you've been sleeping
You pushed too far now you're bleeding
You fell so far you should have been a star

The light that you've been keeping inside
Will guide you on your way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

too laborious for me, started to be restless three quarters into the movie. I must say I enjoyed the scene at the french restaurant. :-)