Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Of Nice Smells

While waiting for my friend to join me last Sunday and just before acquring my Samsonite, I succumbed to my other weakness - cologne. In that short span of half an hour, I have added 3 more colognes/eau de toilette to my already existing collection - which now adds up to 8 :)

Most people would ask me: what is it with colognes? Well, I think it is kinda profound and each cologne is distinct from another. I just don't think that one uses one cologne for all occassion. Then, there is also the mood to consider, the weather, the clothes, the event, the impression you wish to create, the leisure outing, the business meeting - they all require different smells to make it 'just right'. Just a whiff - and that makes all the difference.

Presenting my collection...

Existing Collection:


My longest relationship is with Fahrenheit by Christian Dior. I have been faithful to this cologne for the longest of time. It was created by the design house of Christian Dior in 1988. Fahrenheit is classified as a refreshing, woody, mossy fragrance. This masculine scent possesses a blend of honeysuckle, sandalwood and balsam.




Burberry Brit by Burberry fragrance for men captures the refined, elegant and distinct style of today's modern man who still wants to remain classic and was launched in 2004. A refined, sophisticated aroma for men, is an amazing blend of greens, hints of nutmeg and tonka bean. Top notes are green mandarin, ginger, bergamot and cardamom; middle notes are nutmeg, cedar and wild rose; base notes are tonka bean, patchouli, oriental woodsy notes, cedar and gray musk.




Kenneth Cole RSVP Cologne by Kenneth Cole: the fragrance starts with fresh lavender, grapefruit, pepper and wet grass, followed by a heart of iris, cedarwood and orchid. The base lingers with sandalwood, vetiver, patchouli and soft cashmere.









Z Zegna Cologne by Ermenegildo Zegna is a warm scent of cashmere wood and patchouli.










Gucci Pour Homme Ii Cologne by Gucci includes fresh top notes of bergamot and violet leaves; a heart unfolds on a spicy accord of pimento, black tea, and cinnamon, with a base of olive wood, tobacco leaves, musks, and myrrh.




New Additions:

Pour Homme Soir by Bvlgari is a rich, elegant, woody scent aimed at charismatic men looking for a refined and sensuous evening fragrance. Profoundly vibrant and enveloping, Bvlgari's Pour Homme Soir enriches the elegant and comfortable woody musk signature of Bvlgari's pour Homme with precious and rare raw materials, amber and the novel charm of papyrus wood, which add sophistication and sensuality to the note.




Narciso Rodriguez for Him by Narciso Rodriguez is a aromatic fougere fragrance for men. Narciso Rodriguez for Him is a new fragrance and it was introduced in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Francis Kurkdjian. The base notes are amber and patchouli. It is a fragrance for those who are looking for something different and something not everyone will have.




I don't normally buy CK as almost all Singaporean men would have it and I don't want to smell the same as everybody. But I make this one an exception. Calvin Klein Man Cologne by Calvin Klein was launched in 2007. This is a fresh spicy fragrance that will surely make any man feel irresistible with its top notes such as rosemary, mandarin, bergamot and violet leaf. Middle notes of nutmeg, bay, spearmint and incense. Base notes features cypress, guaiac, sandalwood and amberwood. Great for day or night wear.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

*ROLLS EYES*

Haha :D

Been busy recently with college, so have not been able to follow your blog. Apologies.

Though I am glad that I have stumbled upon another classic post and can comment on how utterly frivolous it is haha. Just kidding, it's all good. You have indeed been singing praises of Fahrenheit ever since I knew you.

And perhaps you should have waited for the Duty Free opportunity before splurging?

Happy packing bro!

MAS

blue said...

Salam,

Save your bucks for the Big City. It's probably cheaper there.

Are you going to pack all your cologne with you?

TheHoopoe said...

MAS,

Bro, bro, bro ... I would like to believe that 4 years of education from Warwick and Cambridge have sharpened the subtle insults (frivolous) thickly veiled with praises (classic). But as I always remembered it - it was always innate in your talented soul - no doubt, nurtured after years of sterling life example by yours truly :)

Credit though, must also be given for such precise choice of words that you know would hit me :) - but you, ONLY you, can declare that this is a frivolous entry, which I must now admit - as you have seen many more frivolous things that has been said and done while we were growing up (and still).

Miss you bro ... wish you were here in all these mess to straighten me up over late night tea ... But our appointment in New York still stands :)

See you at year's end - either in London or US - whoever is financially superior at that point in time :)

TheHoopoe said...

Blue ... it would be a waste to leave all those beautiful and exquisite smells to vapourise here in Singapore whilst I snowboard in the US :)

Anonymous said...

Uni of Warwick and Uni of Cambridge!!! God Bless you Ustaz. May you advance in life to be a role model for our Muslim brothers and sisters in Singapore.

anway...both uni are located in the UK?...so what will you be doing in US?

Anonymous said...

I like perfumes too, though it is an expensive hobby for me to indulge :)

TheHoopoe said...

anonymous,

the "great" guy who went to warwick and cambridge is, unfortunately, not me - but my bro :)