Saturday, July 12, 2008

Shopping...

One of the things I discovered about not working is that one's schedule is busier and more haphazard. There is no regularity of having to be at work at a particular time and I have to bring my diary along everywhere I go. An appointment will be set up anytime and anyday. But so far, Alhamdulillah, I have been very busy - busier than if I were to be working - meeting up with so many people to catch up and say farewell.

And along with this, I have also been blessed with meeting new friends and hanging out with them. That is one thing that seemed apparent over these last months: many dear friends had to return to the States, or some to Malaysia or some just disappear (whatever) ... and God sends you a new set of friends. It is His way of revival, I supposed. But, Alhamdulillah...

One of these new friends was appointed and has kindly agreed to be my 'fashion consultant' despite his 'national duties' - and yet another as an advisor (although she did not join us for the shopping, she was actively sms-ing from her workplace). Thanks guys :)

Tuesday was a blast indeed - we (err.... I) went shopping with my 'consultant' for some image revamp and for some preliminary fall and winter clothes. It was a full day affair - I have not done this since college days - and it was indeed fun. It was great to be carrying so many shopping bags and I finally knew how it must roughly feel to be a tai-tai :)

Along the way, I also discovered some great stuffs (not only the shopping) - for example, I have gone down further on my waist size (gym trainings were not wasted - yippee!), my flexible image and clothes revamp etc

Ah ... the ... life. Bliss :)

An afterthought warning: leave your brain at the door when you read this entry... or whatever, I don't really care :)

2 comments:

Rudy Djoharnaen said...

Quoting you,

"God sends you a new set of friends. It is His way of revival, I supposed."

And one day God Himself will also Revive the friends who disappeared. Things happen for reasons we may sometimes know or not know. InsyaAllah.

I wish you success in your scholarship journey.

Anonymous said...

Tai-tai don't have to pay their credit cards bill while you do, my hoopoe. So watch that pocket before it burns...

Besides, one thing i learn about my addiction to shopping - is that it only fills the emotional void temporarily... and i just spend $1K on a Bottega bag :(