Saturday, July 12, 2008

Magic

For the first time in my life, I watched a live magic show tonight - for the simple reason: that I refused to pay to be conned by any magician.

In any case, a friend (who happens to also be my fashion advisor mentioned in my previous entry) received 2 complimentary tickets for the show as she is in the media and broadcasting industry, and I said 'yes' to watching it with her. And my vanity dictates that I should try out the new revamped look tonight as I donned my new boots, new low-cut jeans, new shirt and new shawl ... hmmmm. I gathered that she did not disapprove of the new look :)

Coming back to the issue of magic, apparently the performers are Singaporeans and apparently also, they made it big in the international scene. It was the opening night tonight and I was really surprised that it was full-house! It was a unique show: a cross between a musical, a play and magical acts. The father-daughter team put up a show known as Magicbox. It is a long performance with an intermission in between.

Did I enjoy it? Well ... yeah, but it was a tad too long. We heard (that's right, we did not stay till the end cos we were both hungry) that it ended at 10:45pm! But I enjoyed the Max Brenner we had after the show. It was death by chocolates ... and when I returned home, there was another chocolate cake reserved for me - double-deaths tonight!

The following is the synopsis taken from Sistic's website:

"Gateway Entertainment is proud to present Singapore’s beloved homegrown illusionists, Lawrence and Priscilla Khong in a brand new show – MAGICBOX at the iconic Esplanade Theatre. This highly anticipated production combines the world’s most incredible magic expertise with a heart-warming tale of love and family values in one spectacular show. Be dazzled by locally acclaimed talents, enchanting costumes, magnificent sets and skilfully composed music.

Featuring an international team of stellar magic consultants like Jim Steinmeyer, credited with "defining illusions" for David Copperfield, along with John Thompson, the legendary guru of magic, these masters will devise acts unique only to MAGICBOX. Directed by Loretta Chen, MAGICBOX with its many daring and never-before-seen magical illusions, promises to enchant, enthral and entertain from start to finish."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boots, low-cut jeans and shawl ??? whoever is your fashion advisor, please make sure you get your refund. Are you already in Autumn???