Tuesday, May 6, 2008

True Brilliance

The mark of a brilliant scholar is when he is able to break down difficult concepts and explain them simply for ordinary folks to understand - to the extent when we hear them, those concepts seemed almost ordinary.

The guest speaker for last week's seminar pleasantly proved the above. I had the privilege to hear him speak on some issues, viewed from a refreshing perspective. I felt (but not necessarily am) so enlightened, subhanAllah!

Such brilliance was made more pronounced to me when I tried to write some entries on the points he raised, but actually find them quite difficult; it is still in my head. I have since abandoned that plan :)

I am sure those who were present last Saturday experienced the same brilliance.

4 comments:

blue said...

Yes.Masya allah!

And i'm pretty sure, you too ustaz can enlighten others(like me)who comes in contact, for the first time with the Burdah of Imam alMusairi.

A little pity that there wasn't enough time.

Al-Majnun said...

i believe the one who speaks has a similar sparkle in him...

in fact listening to Shaykh somewhat reminded me of listening to you... and how you also can break things down into its essential parts, easy for the mind to comprehend... Indeed a mark of true scholarship is when one speaks with such wisdom, that all can benefit, no matter at what level.

and i agree with blue. would have loved to hear you exposit a bit more on the Burdah... maybe you can sometime?

dew embun said...

I believe there is a demand for that exposition.
A session for all before you depart?

TheHoopoe said...

Insya-Allah perhaps during Hadith class this Saturday, if there is sufficient demand and general consent from the rest of the class :)