Thursday, May 29, 2008

Burning Bright

In the journey of life, many events of various nature unfolds. Sometimes we require kind holding hands to walk us along our path, and yet at other times, we become that pair of hands holding others in their journeys.

Our potential to do good and to be good is infinite and unrealised to the extend that at times we are amazed at our capacity to do simply that. In a hadith qudsi, God is reported to have said the same: "If you come to me walking, I will go to you running" - that most miraculous and definitive moments in our lives does not require us to 'move mountains'. Instead, it is those small steps of efforts and of our hearts that we put into our thoughts and actions that touched the lifes of others, and in the process, of our very own hearts.

And if we reflect on the innumerable opportunities that God has given us to be and to do just that, we will be left astounded. Take those small opportunites daily, and make the difference.

To my dear brother (sakit, sakit, sakit) who is recovering, this song is for you - and it ain't about me :)


Cause I can only tell you what I know
That I need you in my life
When the stars have all gone out
You'll still be burning so bright


No comments: