Saturday, March 29, 2008

Legends Of The Fall

"Look at me. Please, look at me. I'll wait for you. However long it takes. I'll wait for you forever."

Set in the Rocky Mountains of Montana in the early 1900s, this is a tale of love, betrayal, and brotherhood. After being discharged, Colonel Ludlow decides to raise his three sons in the wilds of Montana, where they can grow up away from the government and society he has learned to despise. The three brothers mature and seem to have an unbreakable bond, until Susanna enters their lives. When Samuel, the youngest of the three, returns from college he brings with him his beautiful fiance, Susanna. The eldest son, Alfred, soon finds himself in love with his brother's fiance, and things get worse when he discovers a growing passion between Susanna and Tristan. Colonel Ludlow's favorite son, Tristan is willful and as wild as the mountains. As the brothers set out to fight a war in Europe, suspicion and jelousy threatens to tear apart their once indestructable bond.

"Tristan, I have no where to send this letter and no reason to believe you wish to receive it. I write it only for myself. And so, I will hide it away with all things left unsaid and undone between us."

1 comment:

Lampu said...

I have always wondered why we tend to find tragic love stories more appealing. Why do we prefer to read and watch love stories that are complicated? :)
I lurve to put the blame on Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.
And as a writer, I dreamt of reversing the 'spell' with a non-tragic love story that has similar appeal. But it was never successful. hahaha.