Thursday, July 12, 2007

Prayer for Forgiveness


‘O Allah, I seek Your forgiveness for every sin that You recorded against me because of my self-conceit, or ostentation, or desire to be heard, or malice, or rancor, or treachery, or pride, or exultancy, or intemperate mirth, or obstinacy, or envy, or insolence, or ungratefulness, or fervor for other than Your sake, or bigotry, or acquiescence to sin, or blind hope, or extreme avarice, or generous spending for sin, or oppression, or unwarranted cunning, or theft, or lying, or backbiting, or idle amusement, or fruitless talk, or calumny, or useless play, or any such activity that by doing it sins are reaped and in pursuing it there is destruction and grief’

(Prayers for Forgiveness, related from Hasan al-Basri)

4 comments:

IAmZeroZero! said...

Amin YaRabbal 'Alamin. May He have mercy on us all InsyaAllah.

ghoose said...

O Allah,u know whats in our hearts.
Amin Amin Amin YaRabbal 'Alamin.

isamuhammad said...

While reading Prayers for Forgiveness, I have come to realize how much I sin every day. I will never be perfect and I will always sin, but inshaAllah I may reduce my sins day to day. May Allah forgive me of my faults and help me over look others faults too.

TheHoopoe said...

isamuhammad

What a beautiful name for a Blog. Welcome!

It is in acknowledging our sins and striving to better ourselves every single moment, that is the beauty and miracle of being the creature called "Man".

For our reward is not in the penultimate 'person' that we should become, but in the improvements that we make on a daily basis.

All humans will falter once in a while, but if he gets up and picks himself up again to overcome the tests of his life, then he is better off than not having been tested at all.

If he understands this, then he will just focus on his personal development and assist others along their way.

His path, his journey and his pace, is different from others and is unique to himself. Hence, he will have no doubt realising the folly of looking at other's faults. Instead, he will see beauty in himself, and in others. That is sublime...

Wallahu'a'alam.