Monday, July 16, 2007

Go Not Without Me


Sweetly parading, you go, my soul of soul, go not without me;
like of your friends, enter not the garden without me.

Sky, revolve not without me; moon, shine not without me;
earth travel not without me, and time, go not without me.

With you this world is joyous, and with you that world is joyous;
in this world dwell not without me, and to that world depart not without me.

Vision, know not without me, and tongue, recite not without me;
glance behold not without me, and soul, go not without me.

The night through the moon's light sees its face white;
I am light, you are my moon, go not to heaven without me.

The thorn is secure from the fire in the shelter of the roses face:
you are the rose, I your thorn; go not into the rose garden without me.

I run in the curve of your mallet when your eye is with me;
even so gaze upon me, drive not without me, go not without me.

When, joy, you are companion of the king, drink not without me;
when, watchman, you go to the kings roof, go not without me.

Alas for him who goes on this road without your sign;
since you, O signless one, are my sign, go not without me.

Alas for him who goes on the road without my knowledge;
you are the knowledge of the road for me; O road-knower, go not without me.

Others call you love, I call you the king of love;
O you who are higher than the imagination of this and that, go not without me.

... Mevlana Jalaluddin Rumi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Innalillahi wa innailaihi rajiun...

i'm truly sorry to know about your cousin's passing, dear brother. May Allah swt put him in a good place, InsyaAllah...

~every now is now a past
every thing will perish oh so fast
only truth is the sweet by and by
and only His love will ever last

TheHoopoe said...

Thank you, dear esprit
Your kind words and prayers
Went a long way to free
The recurrent silent tears

May Mercy flows from The Almighty
To all dearly departed
Who have left me and thee
Destiny's wishes were granted

Patience and faith we bring
Along to continue in this our journey
Memories we desperately hold onto and cling
Until our bodies go into expiry