Sunday, April 15, 2007

Prayer


"Oh my Lord!
I am poor, in my state of affluence;
Shouldn't I be the poorest, in my real state of poverty?

Oh my Lord!
I am weak, in my state of strength;
Shouldn't I be the weakest, in my apparent state of weakness?

Oh my Lord!
I am ignorant, in my state of learning;
Shouldn't I be the most ignorant, in my real state of ignorance?

Oh my Lord!
If any good appears on me - it is out of Thy Grace;
And if any evil appears on me – it is out of Thy Justice:
And You have proof and witness over me."

... Imam Ahmad ibn Ataillah As-Sakandari

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salam.
:`(
Beautiful...
*sniffs*
Thanks for posting this.
Jazakallah Khair

Wassalam.

Anonymous said...

Salaam,
Thank you for the beautiful post and picture. I remember how excited you were to share this in the 'Monday' class eons ago :)

Ruqa said...

sholat and the physicial movements associated with it is one of the ni'mats of dunya! =D

ibnu 'ataillah, zahabtu ila maqamihi!