Sunday, April 29, 2007

Anniversary

Alhamdulillah!

When I first began this blog, I did not imagine how it will turn out to be. I did it for various reasons: I have encouraged some of my older students to begin writing since ages ago of their life's journeys and since none of them had even begin 6 years down the road, I guess I had to do it first. The excuse is that their writings are never good enough or they have nothing to tell. In fact, everyone has a story to tell - to inspire others who come later but more importantly, to make sense of our own journey here and now. Writing forces one to articulate how one feels about things that happens to oneself and to make the continual assessment of one's journey - how we fall and how we rise again, how we tasted Allah's sweet Blessings upon us and how we are grateful of those Blessings upon others...

On a personal note, I write because sometimes after reading a book in the middle of the night or a profound thought came to mind, I explode with the knowledge that I gained and wished to share it with anyone. But due to the ghostly time, I could not do so. And of course, in the course of writing, I am able to view, in the future, of my being in the past, now.

I began this blog on 18 March 2007. I installed the counter on 31 March 2007 and since that installation, this blog has crossed the 1,000th visitor. For a blog that is about 1.5 month's old, I am indeed pleasantly surprised and never expected this achievement. Alhamdulillah!

I pray that this blog has been beneficial to those who have been gracious enough to visit, and particularly to those who have been more than kind to send your thoughtful comments to be shared with the others. I have definitely benefitted through it. Alhamdulillah!

This has been a good journey and it is a long road ahead. Thank you for being the beautiful companion in this journey ... and for many more, insya-Allah.

And yet, I am always reminded of this:

"Writings, that man carved on stones to last for eternity, is to Allah, like writings on the water" ... The Writing on the Water, Muhyiddin Shakoor

Alhamdulillah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salam

Your blog has inspired me to start writing. It is something that I should have started doing a long time ago. I have tried before, but it just didn't seem to be 'happening'.

So now, inshAllah, I have the inspiration make a real go of it...but i think it will be quite a while before I get to the stage of setting up a blog :)

Congratulations on your first month of blogging!! InshAllah you will keep going for a long time. It is truly inspirational - in more ways than one.

salam

TheHoopoe said...

Salam,

Alhamdulillah ... I hope you will start soon and do let me know your blog. I will be looking forward to read it.

Remember: everyone has a story to tell - either directly, or as I have chosen, through various lessons.

May your inspiration inspire others in positive ways too, insya-Allah, and may your efforts be more of a success story than mine.

Amin.