Thursday, February 28, 2008

Grow Old With You

As the best-man and MC of a good friend's wedding last year, I remembered singing this song (with others) and then making him sing it to his wife on stage ... nice :) [oh, but he was aweful ... lol - but it doesn't matter]. This wonderful song was taken from the movie The Wedding Singer. Romantic lyrics.

Billy idol (speaking): Good afternoon everyone. We're flying at 26,000 feet,
Moving up to thirty thousand feet, and then we've got clear skies
All the way to Las Vegas.
And right now we're bringing you some in-flight entertainment.
One of our first-class passengers would like to sing you a song
Inspired by one of our coach passenger, and since we let our first-class
Passengers do pretty much whatever they want, here he is...

Robbie hart (singing):
I wanna make you smile, whenever you're sad
Carry you around, when your arthritis is bad
All I wanna do, is grow old with you

I'll get your medicine, when your tummy aches
Build you a fire, if the furnace breaks
Oh it could be so nice, growing old with you

I'll miss you
I'll kiss you
Give you my coat when you are cold

I'll need you
I'll feed you
Even let ya hold the remote control

So let me do the dishes, in our kitchen sink
Put you to bed, if you've had too much to drink
I could be the man, who grows old with you
I wanna grow old with you

13 comments:

dew embun said...

You? Sing? Another 'hidden' talent huh? *hehe*

Funny I just came across this very song as I was listening to Zain Bikha's 'Nikahun Mubarakun'...and then I see it posted here!

Jolly good sport to serenade his bride. Sweet!
You making him do that...'evil'!! Haha

Lampu said...

I say. Bruder Ghoose it's your turn. Make it a goood one.

ghoose said...

ha ha hey Non-crispy if i sing cowboy play guitar & u be backup singer cum dancer :).. sing hmmm how boutThe Humpty Dumpty Love Song


anyhow,maestro do u hv any explanation on "coincidence" show me picture i'm a graphic person ....hee hee hee :) i kill me.. do u wanna help hee hee

Anonymous said...

This has to be one of my most fav films ever. All of it...from the 80s tunes, to the Boy George wannabe, to teh old lady who rewards him with meatballs ploked in his palms, and that tosser boyfriend of hers, who got a telling off from Billy Idol on the plane. I love it all. You knw what...I think I'm off to rent this one again!

Anonymous said...

Another good one is Something About Mary...simply lurve it.

TheHoopoe said...

Boy George (Culture Club), Billy Idol ... best! Will try to squeeze a song or two by them, somehow, in this Blog :)

Oops... I might be revealing my age here ... lol

TheHoopoe said...

Something About Mary ... since we are going down this slippery slope - I might as well say it: I love Four Weddings And A Funeral ... there! :)

Anonymous said...

You're revealing my age too! Yes, Four Weddings and a Funeral...and Love Actually. :) And About A Boy.

TheHoopoe said...

Love Actually ... yes!

Hey ... Don't you sleep? :)

Anonymous said...

Nope, not really...I'm awake even in my sleep. :)

TheHoopoe said...

"awake even in my sleep" ... hmm, that's profound. i hope it is metaphorical though :)

say, which part of the world are you?

Anonymous said...

Way up north, but sometimes wish I was further up in dreamland! :)

TheHoopoe said...

We all wished we are in dreamland ... watched The Spiderwick Chronicles yesterday, and that feeling came back ... in the lands of fairies, gnomes, griffins and the like :)