Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Thank You!

When I made an entry as my Blog reached its 1,000th visit, I was asked whether I was gonna do the same with the 2,000th visit. My reply was in the negative. But ... I just have to do it:

It has now passed its 2,000th visit and all I can say is merely a humble: "ALHAMDULILLAH!" I wanna say a big THANK YOU to my dear readers for your support, for dropping by and leaving your comments behind. Not that I am obsessed with figures, but as any humans are, it sort of sends a note of validation to what I do and an encouragement for me to persevere in my contribution in this Blog. I hope it has also been beneficial to my dear readers. It has certainly been useful to me in my journey as it helps to clear the muddled thoughts in my mind as I write or as I share portions of books which I read. Alhamdulillah!

Coincidentally, there was a series of correspondence between my students and me on the concept of "staying around" tonight. I thought it may be useful if I share snippets of it here, without relating fully the context as it may be confidential in nature:

"In life, its sweetness and its essence lies in the staying, not the running away...

To stay is more difficult and it takes the whole of our being in applying all that we learnt during the easy times and all that we talk cheaply to ourselves and to others.

It is the flying away which is the easier part. Staying requires commitment, flying away merely requires excuses to do so.

Staying requires Faith and if there is no Faith in one's life and one's journey, how can one claim "Faith" in an 'abstract' thing such as God."

Wallahu'a'lam

2 comments:

ghoose said...

Kudos Maestro!
this blog serves
link between meetings
always intriguing

staying is hard...
struggle against the
Pharaoh within

in hope that the relationship
becomes a common purpose
that of Mahmud & Ayas

may Allah gives us
the will to stay
so close....
if not from faraway

TheHoopoe said...

"Congratulation!" seems to be in order
The wind whispers good tidings of you
As you begin your role as a new voyager
In these waves amidst the sea of blue

And yet as you journey on
Try not to forget where you have travelled
Your journey's companions and the bond
Should not be just one that is to be marvelled

A family, they have become
A friend, they once began
Every Tuesdays they've accustomed to see you thaw
It will be a lost for them if you decide to be gone

But whatever life brings
We wish each other well
We pray for our goodness' bell to always ring
Between families: we never know the word "Farewell"