Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fleeting Glimpse Of Eternity


Summer romances begin for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common. They're shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, fleeting glimpse of eternity, and in a flash they're gone.

They didn't agree on much. In fact they rarely agreed on anything. They fought all the time and they challenged each other everyday... But in spite of their differences, they had one important thing in common: they were crazy about each other.

My Dearest Allie. I couldn't sleep last night because I know that it's over between us. I'm not bitter anymore, because I know that what we had was real. And if in some distant place in the future we see each other in our new lives, I'll smile at you with joy and remember how we spent the summer beneath the trees, learning from each other and growing in love. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever. I love you. I'll be seeing you. Noah

He got the notion into his head that if he restored the old house where they had come that night, Allie would find a way to come back to him. Some called it a labor of love. Others called it something else. But in fact, Noah had gone a little mad.

She had come back into his life like a sudden flame; blazing and streaming into his heart. Noah stayed up all night contemplating the certain agony he knew would be his if he were to lose her twice.

Why didn't you write me? Why? It wasn't over for me, I waited for you for seven years. But now it's too late.
I wrote you 365 letters. I wrote you everyday for a year.
You wrote me?
Yes... it wasn't over, it still isn't over

So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day. Will you do something for me, please? Just picture your life for me? 30 years from now, 40 years from now? What's it look like? If it's with him, go. Go! I lost you once, I think I can do it again. If I thought that's what you really wanted. But don't you take the easy way out.

I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Do you think that our love can create miracles?
Yes I do. That's what brings you back to me everytime.
Do you think our love, can take us away together?
I think our love can do anything we want it to.
I love you.
I love you, Allie.
Good night.
Good night. I'll be seeing you.

... The Notebook, Nicholas Sparks

No comments: