Saturday, May 30, 2009

Volleyball

My team will win the match this afternoon!

My head is throbbing,
I can't see straight.
Our score is three,
Their score is eight.
We're down by five,
We're catching up.
My turn to serve,
Please don't mess up!

My serve is over,
To the right.
Out of bounds,
And out of sight.
"Oh no!" I yell,
The other team cheers.
Their turn to serve,
I'm close to tears.

Her back is straight,
Her arms are long.
Their score at eight,
But not for long.
The toss goes up,
The crowd looks down.
Her serve is short,
Her teammates frown.

Our turn again,
To serve once more.
It's in the air,
It hits the floor! 
One point for blue,
Still down by five.
But not for long,
We're coming alive!!!

It's still our serve,
She throws it up.
What a curve!
Another point for blue!
Their faces blank,
They don't know what to do.
We got it back and won the game.
We stole the ball,
Put them to shame.

As you may see,
Volleyball is an intense game.
But when you win,
No one's to blame.

... Volleyball, Randee Renee Friman

No comments: