Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Training With The Trainer

Last weekend, my training was notched up a level. While normally I was the one perspiring going through the routines, I was honoured when my trainer trained together with me. I was so inspired and motivated - it made training more fun.

We were doing similar sets of routine the whole morning - I would do my set first before he adds an additional pair of weights for himself. In my turn, I would be counting down for him, "cheer him on" and "act" like I was his trainer. In fact, he even asked me to slow down the routines! It was a fresh change of perspective :) Of course, he sniggered - but it was all done in good spirits.

We felt great training together that weekend - and planned to train together every weekend, or what is left of the remaining of our weekends (he is also flying off to Europe for a new job a month after I leave Singapore). In the meantime, I will have to perspire alone during my weekdays ... but that's alright with me :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salam Ustaz, where were you for the past two days? You always have an entry every day. Anyway you're doing fencing is it? (Isa)

Nunbun said...

You know... as part of the $100 exercise funds thing at our workplace, I got a pair of dumbbells. Yellow in colour. I know! So gay. But it's alright... it's the muskells that count...

TheHoopoe said...

anonymous,

it is boxing :)

TheHoopoe said...

nunbun,

tsk tsk ... the appropriate word to use is "happy".

aren't you happy, nunbun, with your new acquisition?

hahaha