Sunday, March 25, 2012

And My Only Talent Was Not To Close My Eyes

In 1956, at the height of her career, Marilyn Monroe went to England to make a film with Sir Laurence Olivier. While there she met a young man named Colin Clark, who wrote a diary about the making of the film. This is their true story.


Sir Laurence Olivier: [reciting while images of Marilyn plays on screen] You do look, my son, in a moved sort, as if you were dismayed. Be cheerful, sir. Our revels now are ended. We are such stuff as dreams are made on, and our little life is rounded with a sleep.

Marilyn Monroe: Don't forget me.
Colin Clark: As if I could.

Colin Clark: Here's what I remember most: her embrace. Her belief in me. And the joy she gave. That was her gift. When I think of her now, I think of that time when a dream came true. And my only talent was not to close my eyes.

No comments: