Saturday, February 18, 2012

Lived On Only In My Heart

One of my favorite movies:
of Ernest Hemingway and by Sir Richard Attenborough


Ernest Hemingway: "There's still a part of me that wants to take you in my arms, just like it used to be. But I've changed"

Ernest Hemingway: "The kid grew up, Agnes. Thanks to you"

Agnes von Kurowsky: "I love you. I love you as long as I live"

Agnes von Kurowsky: "I never saw Ernie again after Wahloon Lake. I often wonder, what might have happened if he had taken me in his arms, but I guessed his pride meant he wasn't able to forgive me. Some say he lived with the pain of it all his life. The hurt boy became the angry man, a brilliant, tough adventurer who was the most famous writer of his generation. And the kid he had been: eager, idealistic, and tender - lived on only in my heart"

... In Love And War

No comments: