Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Known and The Unknown

Here were are... It is all out. A friend did a search and within the minute managed to track me down. There goes the ironic "needing time to be comfortable to be known". My blog is now known and in today's class, I was left with no more barricades left to defend. I was defenseless.

It is a matter of time really, but would have preferred if I could "gradually" let it be known. So, when another fellow blogger and a colleague asked for my blog's name (again) tonight via sms, without much reservation, I gave it to him.

When it boils down to it, it was a mixed feeling of excitement to have other people read my writings (particularly since I love writing and reading) and perhaps share some of their thoughts along with it, and not knowing the unknown out there (particularly since I have been proven, time and again, how information technology and me are poles apart).

I shall not whine further and bore myself to death. Move on ...

Prior to class, I was at the bookshop and was reminded by a paragraph in the book written by Frithjof Schuon entitled: "Spiritual Perspectives and Human Facts" in which this great man gave what is still to me one of the most enlightening perspectives on "Prayers":

“Man prays and prayer fashions man. The saint has himself become prayer, the meeting-place of earth and Heaven; and thereby he contains the universe and the universe prays with him. He is everywhere where nature prays and he prays with her and in her: in the peaks which touch the void and eternity, in a flower which scatters its scent or in the carefree song of a bird. He who lives in prayer has not lived in vain. Prayer in the widest sense triumphs over the four accidents of our existence: the world, life, the body and the soul; we might also say: space, time, matter and desire. It is situated in existence like a shelter, like an islet. In it alone are we perfectly ourselves, because it puts us into the presence of God. It is like a miraculous diamond which nothing can tarnish and nothing can resist”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

salam bro...

i have been bugging you for some time to put your wisdom into writing, since not all of us can attend your lectures. am glad that you have finally decided to do so!

mas