Friday, March 23, 2007

Getting Warmed Up

I have told 2 of my friends today - these 2 are the most persistent - that I have finally set up this blog. As is expected, they were both bugging me for the blog's name.

Funny ... I was not comfortable enough even to these 2 pals to tell them about my blog's name. My response was that I was not ready to share my thoughts yet. Kinda like: are you ready to propose to her for marriage? Like as if this is such a world-shattering event. In any case, I hope to let them know soon, if God Wills.

Sent my friend's wife-to-be on her leisurely trip to Japan. It has been about one month now since I last travelled anywhere out of Singapore due to heavy work commitments and when I was at the airport, I realised that it has been about 3-4 months that I have not boarded a plane and just be somewhere else. This gnawing and distressing feeling is eating me up surely. I promise that once I am able to get out of work in April, I will fly to somewhere to recuperate. It is just not the same locking yourself up at Sentosa over the weekend to hope that you will recover from work - despite the foot reflexology sessions and body massage - for as long as you are within the country, then that stress and atmosphere lingers...

I was also supposed to be at an-Nahdhah Mosque now. The local university undergraduates will be having their examinations soon, and part of their preparation for it, they have organised a movie marathon and performing the night vigil at the mosque. I was to lead them in this congregational night vigil and to give a short post-Subuh lesson thereafter. I intended to remain secluded in the mosque the whole night but since showering after the airport, home seemed to be the more obvious choice for me to be - even if I am not sleeping. So, I decided to join the group and be back at the mosque by 4:45am, if God Wills.

al-Falah Mosque today held the first inaugural monthly talk prior to the Friday congregational prayers. I was honoured to be invited as the first person to deliver the talk. Hence, I was busy this afternoon - first giving that public lecture, then gave the Friday sermon and then the prayer itself. The weather was so hot today and my throat was so dry. Despite obtaining rave reviews of my talk and my sermon, I did not think that I recited well today during prayers as my throat was cranking up. With God's Will, I hope to do better next week.

I think my eyes are way too drooping now. So, before I began mumbling about things which I don't even understand, I guess I should take some winks now and wake up in about an hours' time to join the undergraduates at the mosque. Planned with my friend to try acupuncture for the first time tomorrow. Have no idea how it will feel, but the testaments of many ex-customers are too persuasive to ignore.

But, one thing is for sure: I will check into a decent hotel tomorrow to just sleep and do nothing. Besides, PB was just deposited.

Goodnight then ... my new friend :-)

2 comments:

Jeff Salleh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff Salleh said...

And you think you can escape from me :-)

It does not take long to find this out.

Anyhow, congratulations with your first entry. This is a gateway for more interaction.