Monday, May 24, 2010

I Won't Be Found


Well if I ever see the morning
Just like a lizard in the spring
I’m gonna run out in the meadow
To catch the silence when it sings

I’m gonna force the Serengeti
To disappear into my eyes
Then when I hear your voices callin’
I’m gonna turn just inside out

Well if I ever get to slumber
Just like a mole deep in the ground
Hell, I won’t be found

Deep in the dust forgotten gathered
I grow a diamond in my chest
I make reflections as the moon shines on
Turn to a villain as I rest

Well if I ever get to slumber
Just like a mole deep in the ground
Hell, I won’t be found

I know there is a hollow
I need to fill it with a draft
Of all the words that I wont say
And with a quiet whisper
I send a curse upon the day
That never used the sun to see
The light

I’m gonna float up in the ceiling
I built a levee of the stars
And in my field of tired horses
I built a freeway through this farce

Well if I ever get that slumber
Ill be that mole deep in the ground
And I won’t be found

... The Tallest Man On Earth

1 comment:

Lampu said...

Awesome. Just love the metaphors in the lyrics. Thanks for sharing.