Saturday, November 8, 2008

Eternity At Sea


That if I would,
I would stand immortally at sea
Gazing for eternity at sea

The beauty struck sea
I’d set leave of quay
To immortally find way

Stand upon the ocean shore
Reverberating sea splashing at my feet
Shore washing sea, covering my feet

To close my eyes is to be at sea
This dream lasts all day to me
One day is like twenty years at sea

That if I would,
I would stand immortally at sea
Hoping for eternity at sea

Wonder covered sea
I would bless the shore
And leave to be once more

Out at sea to sail
And stand upon a ship and sway
Listen to the creak of the wood, and say

To close my eyes is to be at sea
A dream that lasts eternity
Eternity, guaranteed, to live

Would one day be eternity
I would spend it out at sea
Stand upon the ocean shore, foaming at my feet

... Annie Cordelia Adams

No comments: